Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Figure Eight Knot

Hi. Hehehe..Today, I'm gonna teach ya how to do the Figure Eight Knot.

A little bit about Figure Eight :

** Also known as the Flemish Bend, it is the strongest knot, secure and easy to visually inspect.
Widely used by mountain climbers.

Well in my case, I use this knot for my safety line or life line for working at height job.
I just show you the pictures because I can't describe how to do the tie in words. Sorry for that =)

Here my guide-pictures :

    
1st.

2nd.


3rd.


3b This looks like an Eight right?

4th. Sorry for the background :-)


5th. Retrace the previous Figure 8 

6th. Pull the rope to secure the knot
7th. This is how easy it is to inspect the knot if it is faulty.

 p/s that's my scaffolding colleague at the back. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment